Participant Minimum Requirements
To be eligible, you must meet all the following requirements:
- Must have lived in Arizona for at least 3 months
- Must be eligible for in-state tuition
- Must have an Arizona state issued ID
- If you are looking for IDA programs in your state click the link below
University Target Groups
- UA: in state high school students and in state community college transfers
- NAU: in state high school students, in state community college transfers, current Native American NAU students. Must be attending the Flagstaff campus
- ASU: in state high school students, in state community college transfers, current ASU SPARKS students, in state high school students participating in C4C
Student must intend to be full time at one of these universities to be eligible.
- Click the link to discover if you are eligible.
- At least one person in your household must have earned income
- What is Earned Income? Follow the link to find out.
Maximum Yearly Income per Household: 200% of 2018 Federal Poverty Level
|Size of Household||Gross Earned Income|
|More than 8||Add $8,640 for each additional person|
Income and Net Worth Eligibility Requirements:
A household must meet the income and net worth requirements when applying to the Earn to Learn program.
The term “household” means all individuals who share use of a dwelling unit as primary quarters for living and eating separate from other individuals.
In order to be income eligible, the applicant’s household must not exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Level, unless the household received the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
In order to be net worth eligible the applicant’s household net worth must be less than $10,000. Household net worth is calculated by adding everything that the household owns (houses, cars, accounts, businesses, etc.) minus everything that the household owes. The primary home and one motor vehicle will be excluded when calculating household net worth.
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must co-apply with you.