Volunteer Program Description
Earn to Learn serves over 1,000 students and families all across the State of Arizona. Earn to Learn aims to increase the number of low-income students attending one of the three universities by providing scholarships, college readiness training, and personal finance training to help them become successful students and empowered members of society.
Earn to Learn depends on the assistance of dedicated volunteers to help promote our mission of envisioning a world without barriers to education. Earn to Learn volunteers have the unique opportunity to contribute to the program in a variety of ways. Professional volunteers conduct workshops and mentor students, outreach volunteers help the outreach team in recruiting new students to the program, and administration volunteers assist with a variety of tasks crucial to productivity in the Earn to Learn office. Please call, (520) 955-4415, or email, email@example.com, for more information about the Earn to Learn volunteer program.
All potential volunteers will fill out our general volunteer form. When an opportunity arises, the Earn to Learn Volunteer Coordinator will contact appropriate volunteers. First time volunteers will be interviewed and required to attend a one hour volunteer training session to learn more about Earn to Learn policies and procedures for volunteers.
Benefits to the Volunteers
- Knowledge that the work you are doing is impacting your community and benefiting the Earn to Learn students and overall mission
- Develop new skills that could be used for future professional or academic success
- Learn more about higher education and the barriers Earn to Learn students face
Meet with a diverse range of people within your community.
Professional Volunteer Opportunities
- Be a guest speaker at student workshops based on professional and academic experience. In this position, a volunteer will work closely with Earn to Learn staff to create and present information to students about the predetermined workshop topic. Be a guest presenter and help lead an interactive workshop with Earn to Learn Savers.
Outreach Volunteer Opportunities
- Table outreach events
- Give recruitment presentations at high schools
- Connect Earn to Learn with potential program partners
Administration Volunteer Opportunities
- Scheduling students for interview appointments
- Reminding students of upcoming appointments
- Contacting students about missing documentation
- Create interview and enrollment packets
What we expect of our Volunteers
- Willing to attend Earn to Learn Volunteer Training Session
- Dependable and punctual
- Flexible and willing to do the work that is needed/assigned
- Courteous and personable when dealing with students and their families
- A strong team-player
- Respectful and maintain confidentiality of students, volunteers, and Earn to Learn staff
What our Volunteers can expect from us
- We will thank you (often)
- We will value your time and be ready for you when you arrive
- We will provide you with the tools and training needed to be successful at the tasks we ask you to do
- We will be open to your feedback
- We will call you by your name (and thus why we might ask you to wear a name tag)